- Item No.
- generic_text_1: The A to Z Guide to IDS
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 158347076X
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470763
Administering Informix Dynamic Server
- Author: Carlton Doe
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 400
- Publication date: 2008
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $5.00 (8%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
In Administering Informix Dynamic Server: Building the Foundation, author Carlton Doe describes and explains the functionality of the Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) data server and the procedures required to administer and maintain database systems. This book takes a "What do I need to know and do to make this work?" point of view, covering all the major functional areas of the database server.
This expertly written resource presents an organized method of designing, installing, initializing, and monitoring the data server; creating instance objects; protecting against failure; and managing day-to-day activities. As a foundational book, it focuses on the skills you need to have to be successful when using this data server, explaining what it is, how it is different from other servers, how it works, and how to use it as efficiently as possible.
Both current IDS customers who need to upgrade from earlier versions of the data server and those who have never used IDS before will find this volume useful. And those who have been using lower-functionality data servers, such as open-source servers, and now need to move to a real, enterprise-class data server will find it particularly valuable.
Simply put, if you are dealing with IDS and have better things to do than read the 1,600-plus pages of documentation included with the server, then this is exactly the book you need!
With Administering Informix Dynamic Server: Building the Foundation, you will:
- Published by: MC Press
- Merchant SKU: 5074
- Learn about new functionality in IDS 11.5
- Develop the skills necessary to administer the Informix data server
- Gain an understanding of monitoring instance operations
- Discover the secrets of how to protect against failure
- Learn the procedures required to administer and maintain your IDS database system
- generic_text_2: Carlton Doe, an Executive Specialist for IBM, has been a DBA, Data Server Administrator, and 4GL Developer and was one of the five founders of the International Informix Users Group (IIUG). He is best known for having written a number of Informix-oriented books, articles, IBM white papers, and IBM Redbooks and for his classes and presentations.