- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Master SOA Best Practices
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583470654
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470657
SOA for the Business Developer
- Author: Ben Margolis with Joseph Sharpe
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 320
- Publication date: 2007
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $15.99 (40%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
"A comprehensive yet very approachable introduction to service-oriented architecture. . .[with] numerous examples that illustrate best practices in applying SOA to an enterprise. This book will help you untangle the technologies that underlie SOA--XML, WSDL, SOAP, XPath, BPEL. SCA, SDO, and WS splat--so that you can meaningfully begin your journey."--Grady Booch, IBM Fellow
Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is a way of organizing software. If your company's development projects adhere to the principles of SOA, the outcome will be an inventory of modular units called services, which allow for a quick response to change.
This book tells the SOA story in a simple, straightforward manner that will help you understand not only the SOA technology but also the technology that underlies SOA: XML, WSDL, SOAP, XPath, BPEL, SCA, and SDO. And through it all, the authors provide business examples and illustrations, giving a practical meaning to abstract ideas.
SOA for the Business Developer:
- Published by: MC Press
- Merchant SKU: 5079
- Gives a detailed overview of Extensible Markup Language (XML) including namespaces and XML Schema
- Describes Web Services Definition Language (WSDL) and SOAP--the standard SOA technologies
- Gives a clear tutorial on XML Path Language (XPath)--a language for deriving data from transmitted messages and other sources that is useful for working with a variety of other technologies (including several described in this book)
- Gives comprehensive details on BPEL 2.0--a language that coordinates services and whose preceding version is already in numerous products
- Introduces Service Component Architecture (SCA)--a proposed standard for composing and deploying applications that is sponsored by 18 companies
- Introduces Service Data Objects (SDO)--a proposed standard for representing data in a single way even if the data comes from different types of data sources
Ben Margolis is an IBM Advisory Writer with more than 20 years of experience as a writer and programmer.
Joseph L. Sharpe is an IBM consultant who uses the latest SOA technologies to integrate systems for corporate customers.
- generic_text_2: Ben Margolis is an IBM Advisory Writer with more than 20 years of experience as a writer and programmer.