- Item No.
- Publisher: Achieve BI Excellence
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583473629
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583473627
Business Intelligence Strategy
- John Boyer
- Bill Frank
- Brian Green
- Tracy Harris
- Kay Van De Vanter
- Binding: Paperback
- Paperback: 136
- Publication date: 2010
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $2.00 (13%)
Business Intelligence is a top priority for organizations around the world. The value of its promise is well known: BI can yield valuable insight that will help achieve competitive advantage, productivity gains, and cost savings. However, for many organizations, achieving this type of success is difficult; user adoption is low, politics and culture run deep, and BI programs can be derailed by factors beyond technology--often related to people and process.
To address these challenges, a team of BI professionals from leading organizations has come together to offer practical advice and proven practices for preparing a BI strategy that will help you achieve excellence in your initiative.
You will learn:
- How to create a business alignment strategy that helps prioritize business requirements-demonstrates value-and generates a series of wins for your organization
- How to create an organizational and cultural strategy that will navigate politics-organize-and communicate for success
- How to deliver a technology strategy that will improve total cost of ownership-provide greater IT efficiencies-and address factors that hinder user adoption
John Boyer is manager of the BI Advisory Team at The Nielsen Company. There, he oversees adoption, enablement, and internal consulting for all things BI.
Bill Frank is the Manager, ITGF BI Practice, at Johnson & Johnson. He has more than 25 years of experience in decision support and business intelligence and is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
Brian Green is Manager of Business Intelligence and Performance Management at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee. He has 30 years of information management experience in the insurance industry, with expertise in process improvement and organizational development to align delivery of solutions with business strategy.
Tracy Harris is Senior Manager, BI Excellence, at IBM. She is responsible for chairing the BI Excellence Advisory Board and managing the BI Excellence Program and Champion initiative at IBM.
Kay Van De Vanter is an information management domain architect and enterprise BI architect for The Boeing Company, as well as leader of Boeing's Business Intelligence Competency Center team. She has more than 12 years of experience in IT and business intelligence areas.
- generic_text_2: John Boyer is manager of the BI Advisory Team at The Nielsen Company. There, he oversees adoption, enablement, and internal consulting for all things BI.