- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Reap the Business Benefits of DB2 10
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583473459
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583473450
DB2 10 for z/OS: The Smarter, Faster Way to Upgrade
- John Campbell
- Cristian Molaro
- Surekha Parekh
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 112
- Publication date: 2011
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $6.00 (35%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
In the current economic climate, businesses are under significant pressure to control costs and increase efficiency to improve their bottom line. DB2 for z/OS customers around the world are still trying to gain competitive advantage by doing more with less: more business insight, more performance, more operational efficiency, more functionality, more productivity with less cost, quicker time to market, and a lower TCO. With support for DB2 Version 8 scheduled to end in April 2012, there has never been a better time to start planning your DB2 10 upgrade.
DB2 10 for z/OS: The Smarter, Faster Way to Uprgrade explores the top 10 reasons to start planning your upgrade today:
- Improved performance with reduced software license costs
- Increased number of concurrent users by a factor of 10
- Reduced contention in database administration
- More administrative capabilities while database is online
- Improved security and auditing
- Ability to maintain "snapshots" of changing data (Temporal Data)
- Improved portability via enhanced SQL
- Enhanced pureXML performance and usability
- Improved productivity for database/systems administrators and application programmers
- Better online transaction processing performance (Hash Access)
John Campbell is an IBM Distinguished Engineer reporting to the Director for z/OS Development at the IBM Silicon Valley Lab.
Cristian Molaro is an independent DB2 specialist and an IBM Gold Consultant focused on DB2 for z/OS administration and performance.
Surekha Parekh is IBM's World-wide Marketing Program Director--DB2 for z/OS.
- generic_text_2: John Campbell is an IBM Distinguished Engineer reporting to the Director for z/OS Development at the IBM Silicon Valley Lab.