- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Expert Preparation for Exam 737
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583470964
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470961
DB2 9 System Administration for z/OS (Exam 737)
- Author: Judy H. Nall
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 350
- Publication date: 2010
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $45.00 (69%)
Certification is an important milestone showing significant academic and/or professional achievement. In order to become an IBM Certified System Administrator - DB2 9 for z/OS, you must pass two exams. The first is your choice of either Exam 700 (DB2 Version 8.1 Family Fundamentals Exam) or Exam 730 (DB2 9 Family Fundamentals Exam). Following this is Exam 737 (DB2 9 System Administrator for z/OS Exam), the one that anyone pursuing this certification path must pass and the focus of this book.
A system administrator possesses not only the knowledge of a database administrator (DBA) but also a thorough understanding of the z/OS operating system, as well as in-depth knowledge of DB2. This specialized study guide covers every topic you need to know in order to pass Exam 737.
Inside this comprehensive guide, you will find an extensive set of practice questions in each chapter that closely models the actual exam, along with an answer key with a description of why each answer is the correct one. In fact, no other source gives you this much help in passing the exam. It is truly the only book you will need.
Each time a new release of DB2 comes out, users want to know what new features and new methods are available. These new release features of DB2 9 for z/OS are summarized inside. You will also find essential system administration information to install and maintain DB2 9 environments, making this book a one-stop reference for DB2 System Administrators.
With the DB2 9 for z/OS System Administration: Certification Study Guide, you will:
- Discover the changes to DB2 9 that you need to know to be successful when taking exam 737
- Receive an explanation of every objective included on the test
- Find 60 practice questions based on the actual exam format and approach--along with comprehensive answers to the test questions to help you gain understanding
- Become aware of techniques for managing DB2 9 subsystems in a z/OS operating system environment
- Gain a day-to-day reference for DB2 9 system administration
- generic_text_2: Judy H. Nall has worked with DB2 since 1983 and is an internationally recognized lecturer, consultant, writer, and educator. She is the president of Computer Business International, Inc. (CBI), a member of the IBM DB2 Gold Consultants Group, past International DB2 Users Group (IDUG) conference chair, a board member on several DB2 User Groups, and a two-time recipient of an IBM Data Champion award for contributions to the IBM Data Management community.