- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Learn the Ins-and-Outs of Web Services
- Publisher: IBM Press
- ISBN Number: 1931182213
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781931182218
Developing Web Services for Web Applications
- Colette Burrus
- Stephanie Parkin
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 440
- Publication date: 2005
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $41.00 (68%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
This book shows you how easy it is to create and use Web Services with IBM Rational Application Developer or Web Developer and WebSphere Application Server. Intended for novice to intermediate Java programmers, Developing Web Services for Web Applications teaches users how to create Web Services, deploy Web Services to a server, and create client applications that use Web Services. Each chapter of the book teaches a key Web Service concept and takes you on a detailed, guided tour for creating or using a particular Web Service. Even if you are completely new to Web Services, by the time you finish the lessons in this book, you will have all the skills needed to create useful Java programs with Web Services.
Using the "guided tour" approach, the book comes with practical step-by-step instructions and numerous screen captures, making it easy to follow along. While most books teach how to use either a development tool or a particular technology, Developing Web Services for Web Applications combines learning about Web Services with using Rational Developer tools. Each chapter develops a complete Web Service and/or application, with sample code and solution files provided on the accompanying CD-ROM. Also included in each chapter are additional exercises to help reinforce the concepts covered in that chapter.
By the end of the tour, you will be able to use Rational Developer tools to build your own Web Services, and you will understand why Web Services are gaining popularity as a way to provide services across the Internet.
Developing Web Services for Web Applications:
- Is perfect for all skill levels
- from those taking their first steps to those looking to explore more advanced topics
- Teaches you Web Services concepts and terminology as you learn how to use the Rational Developer tools
- Shows you how to create-deploy-publish-and use Web Services
- Explores troubleshooting and using relational databases
- Covers using JavaServer Faces Web applications-adding security features-and much more
Colette Burrus worked at IBM for more than 20 years in a variety of programming and project management jobs. She is currently a self-employed freelance writer and is co-author of several books about IBM application development tools.
Stephanie Parkin is a Senior Software Developer working on the IBM developerWorks site. She currently focuses on information architecture as well as content editing and acquisitions for the WebSphere development tools zone.
- generic_text_2: Colette Burrus worked at IBM for more than 20 years in a variety of programming and project management jobs. She is currently a self-employed freelance writer and is co-author of several books about IBM application development tools.