- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Boost Your System's Performance
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583470980
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470985
Driving the Power of AIX
- Author: Ken Milberg
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 240
- Publication date: 2009
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $21.99 (40%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
Maximize your efforts toward effective performance tuning on AIX on IBM's Power Systems (IBM i, AS/400, iSeries, System i, AIX, and Linux). With detailed information on optimizing your CPU, memory, disk, and network I/O subsystems, along with data on both AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1, this book provides detailed instructions on how to tune your system effectively, delivering the performance boost you desire. In addition to these topics, chapters on AIX 6.1, Linux, and Oracle running on IBM Power Systems are included.
Packed with real-world know-how from author Ken Milberg--a 20-year systems administration veteran--this book is intended for systems professionals who need to understand, monitor, and control the factors that affect AIX performance on their servers. It covers systems monitoring and performance tuning on all subsystems as well as time-tested tuning and analysis methodology. The monitoring sections discuss tools that will allow you to immediately gain a quick-and-dirty view of the health of your system.
Beyond the rules of tuning, the book contains best practices to give administrators solid strategies for tuning methodology and tips based on years of in-the-trenches experience. It covers the tools that are available and the best ways to use them to collect historical data and analyze trends and results. It is, quite simply, a must-have resource for anyone working with AIX on IBM Power Systems.
With Driving the Power of AIX, you will:
- Published by: MC Press
- Merchant SKU: 5111
- Learn best practices from an International AIX Tuning Expert
- Discover specific steps for monitoring and tuning CPU
- virtual memory
- disk I/O
- and network components
- Get plenty of tips and strategies for tuning Oracle and Linux
- Uncover a wealth of other information about AIX that will deliver the server performance boost you are looking for
- generic_text_2: Ken Milberg is the president and managing consultant of PowerTCO Solutions, a New York-based IBM Business Partner. He is also a technical editor for IBM Systems Magazine, Power Systems Edition and a frequent contributor of content for IBM developerWorks.