- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Secure Enterprise Software Begins with EGL
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583470913
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470916
Enterprise Web 2.0 with EGL
- Author: Ben Margolis with Danny Allan
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 348
- Publication date: 2009
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $25.99 (40%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
This book shows a way forward in the development of secure enterprise software. The authors describe the business implications of Web 2.0--a set of techniques for user collaboration on the Web--and describe how the EGL computer language makes developers more productive, protects a company's investment in existing software, and facilitates use of Rich Internet Applications. In addition, the book provides an overview of Web security. Enterprise Web 2.0 with EGL introduces a variety of concepts that are essential for understanding modern computing, including service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, and agile development; demonstrates how EGL handles widespread requirements such as service creation, database access, and reporting; and outlines the runtime technologies supported by EGL, including Java Enterprise Edition, Windows, IBM i, Unix, and the mainframe environments CICS, IMS, and z/OS batch.
Enterprise Web 2.0 with EGL is useful for:
- Published by: MC Press
- Merchant SKU: 5107
- Executives-managers-and architects who seek a creative-long-term response to the complexity of application development
- Traditional developers who need to access the latest runtime technologies
- Students of information technology
Ben Margolis is an IBM Advisory Writer with more than 20 years of experience as a writer and programmer.
Danny Allan is the Director of Security Research at IBM Rational.
- generic_text_2: Ben Margolis is an IBM Advisory Writer with more than 20 years of experience as a writer and programmer.