- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Learn How to Get Your Technical Book or Article Published
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583470972
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470978
From Idea to Print
- Author: Roger E. Sanders
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 432
- Publication date: 2011
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $14.99 (30%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
In this book, Roger E. Sanders--author of 22 books and a frequent contributor to numerous magazines and trade journals--covers everything you need to know to turn your technical knowledge and expertise into a published article or book. Roger's comprehensive guide walks you through the process from beginning to end, describing in detail the steps required to turn your ideas into printed works.
Drawing on his extensive personal experience, Roger clearly outlines and explains the process of going from idea to print by covering topics such as selling your idea to a publisher; negotiating the terms of a publishing agreement; working with an editor; developing a working outline; writing the first draft; using tables, artwork, and sidebars; avoiding libel, plagiarism, and copyright infringement; revising for perfection; soliciting feedback; submitting the completed manuscript; addressing a copyeditor's comments; reviewing galleys; promoting the finished work; and much more. Each chapter contains real-life examples from Roger's own writing projects that were turned into published articles or books.
Most technical professionals possess a wealth of valuable knowledge but all too often lack the know-how to get published. The process of getting published is involved and often a long and tiring journey. It is not simply a matter of knowing how to write well (although that, too, is covered in this book). It is also knowing how to "sell" your idea to an editor and being able to negotiate your way through the maze of choices you will be faced with once you have received an offer from a publisher. Let Roger answer all your questions about just what it takes to get published and show you how to get started. More important, let him teach you how to become a successful, published author.
With From Idea to Print: How to Write a Technical Article or Book and Get It Published, you will:
- Published by: MC Press
- Merchant SKU: 5110
- Gain the knowledge-understanding-and motivation you need to become a successful published author of technical articles and/or books
- Become familiar with the basic structure of a typical publishing agreement and the terms and conditions commonly found in this important document
- See examples from real-world technical writing projects that were ultimately published by McGraw-Hill-Prentice Hall-CMP Media-IBM-and other top publishers
- Get up-to-date information on the latest article and book idea submission practices
- Benefit from the expertise of someone who has actually gone through the writing and publishing process repeatedly and successfully
- generic_text_2: Roger Sanders is president of Roger Sanders Enterprises, Inc. A noted authority on DB2 certification, he is the author of 21 books about DB2. Roger has been designing and developing database applications for more than 20 years.