- Item No.
- generic_text_1: A Complete Overview of Identity Management
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 158347093X
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470930
- Graham Williamson
- David Yip
- Ilan Sharoni
- Kent Spaulding
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 220
- Publication date: 2009
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $12.00 (24%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
The boundaries between the real and the virtual are becoming increasingly blurred. In a corporate setting, it is more important than ever to identify and control the way the organization deals with customers, suppliers, employees, and other users who may interact with information systems.
Identity Management, or IDM, refers to how humans are identified and authorized across computer networks. It encompasses issues such as the way users are given an identity, the protection of that identity, and the technologies supporting that protection, such as network protocols, digital certificates, passwords, and so on. Proper identity management is, of course, an essential component of any security strategy.
Identity Management: A Primer provides a complete and comprehensive overview of the elements required for a properly planned identity environment. In it, the authors cover the entire gamut of IDM-related matters, including directories; authentication; provisioning; role-based access control; single sign-on; governance, risk, and compliance; implementation and roadmap; public key infrastructure; electronic identity smartcards; and a wealth of other important topics.
As the title indicates, this book is a primer in which the key issues of identity management are identified and appropriate strategies and preventative measures are covered in an easy-to-understand format, with extensive use of real-world case study examples. Students and IT professionals alike will appreciate this resource as they seek to understand and master the complexity of identity in a virtual world.
With Identity Management: A Primer, you will:
- Published by: MC Press
- Merchant SKU: 5109
- Understand the concept of identity management in planning an environment that will manage identities in order to improve compliance with governance requirements
- Discover the best way to scope the IDM task to construct a roadmap that moves toward the desired goal
- Learn to plan an environment that interfaces systemically rather than grow disparate and isolated components
- Find a case study and discussion questions in each chapter for real-world grounding of the topics
Graham Williamson has 20 years of experience in the IT industry, with expertise in identity management, electronic directories, public key infrastructure, smartcard technology, and enterprise architecture.
David Yip has more than 25 years of experience working in IT. His work experience includes identity management engagements with major corporations and universities.
Ilan Sharoni is director of pre-sales for the security role management unit with Computer Associates in Israel. Ilan's area of expertise is IT/security access rights, and he is an expert in the fields of role management, compliance, and privileges auditing.
Kent Spaulding has more than 20 years in software development and engineering, with leading-edge expertise in identity management, distributed computing, and object-oriented technologies on a variety of computing platforms.
- generic_text_2: Graham Williamson has 20 years of experience in the IT industry, with expertise in identity management, electronic directories, public key infrastructure, smartcard technology, and enterprise architecture.