- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Expert Preparation for Exam 734
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583470808
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470800
DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Advanced Database Administration (Exam 734)
- Roger E. Sanders
- Dwaine R. Snow
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 800
- Publication date: 2008
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $45.00 (69%)
In this book, Roger E. Sanders and Dwaine R. Snow--two of the world's leading DB2 authors and active participants in the development of IBM's DB2 certification exams--cover everything you need to know to pass the DB2 9 Advanced Database Administration for Linux, UNIX and Windows exam (Exam 734). This exam is the final step needed to attain certification to be an IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator - DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
This comprehensive study guide explains all of the topics covered on the exam: database design, data partitioning and clustering, high availability, diagnostics, performance and scalability, database security and data encryption, connectivity and networking, and much more. Each chapter contains an extensive set of practice questions along with carefully explained answers.
Taking and passing the DB2 9 Advanced Database Administration for Linux, UNIX and Windows exam (Exam 734) provides validation that you have extensive experience as a DBA and thorough knowledge of DB2 9. Certification proves you are capable of performing advanced database administration tasks--such as troubleshooting, performance tuning, and security management--that are highly sought by employers.
This book includes sample questions in each chapter plus a complete practice test that closely models the actual exam, along with an answer key that provides a full explanation of why the chosen answer is correct (and why the other answers are wrong). No other source gives a reader this much help in preparing for Exam 734.
With DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows Advanced Database Administration: Certification Study Guide, you will:
- Gain the knowledge necessary to pass the DB2 9 Advanced Database Administration for Linux-UNIX-and Windows exam (Exam 734)
- Discover the changes to DB2 9 that you'll need to know about to be successful when taking the exam
- Receive an explanation of every topic included on the test--by experts involved in the creation of the actual exam
- Be given 120 practice questions based on the actual exam's format and approach-along with comprehensive answers to the test questions to help you gain understanding
- Find appendices with information beyond the test requirements on monitoring buffer pool activity-using MQTs-employing advanced joining techniques-and using the Explain Tools
Roger Sanders is president of Roger Sanders Enterprises, Inc. A noted authority on DB2 certification, he is the author of 12 books on DB2. He has been designing and developing database applications for more than 20 years.
Dwaine R. Snow is an author of seven books on DB2. He is one of the senior product managers responsible for charting the features and functions in the new releases of DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
- generic_text_2: Roger Sanders is president of Roger Sanders Enterprises, Inc. A noted authority on DB2 certification, he is the author of 12 books on DB2. He has been designing and developing database applications for more than 20 years.