- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Master Data Management...The Easy Way
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583473505
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583473504
MDM for Customer Data
- Author: Kelvin K. A. Looi
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 96
- Publication date: 2009
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $12.00 (80%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
Master Data Management (MDM) is a fascinating, up-and-coming IT solution approach that allows an organization to run a customer-centric business operation. Because MDM is a relatively new concept in the IT world, its real capabilities, purposes, and values are easily misunderstood.
If you are looking for an easy way to understand what MDM really is and how it came about, then this is the book you have been after. Beyond providing a simple understanding of MDM, it also describes how an organization can implement an MDM solution in phases to enable the business operation to be customer-centric, with each phase showing a positive return on investment (ROI).
This book will also clear up the many misconceptions about what MDM is and how it differs from Client Information File, CRM, and data warehouse solutions. The differences are clearly explained, and the author further shows how MDM can coexist with these other solutions and optimize their operations by providing them with trusted data.
With MDM for Customer Data, you will:
- Know the different MDM implementation styles and approaches
- Understand the importance of data governance for successful implementation
- Be prepared to implement the first phase of an MDM project
- And much
- much more
- generic_text_2: Kelvin K. A. Looi is responsible for worldwide sales for IBM's InfoSphere Solutions portfolio, which includes Master Data Management. He works closely with organizations in a wide variety of industries worldwide to help them apply these solutions for business initiatives. He is currently the Worldwide Program Director, InfoSphere Solutions Sales, Information Management, IBM Software Group.