- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Disaster Recovery from a System i Perspective
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583470670
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470671
System i Disaster Recovery Planning
- Author: Richard Dolewski
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 632
- Publication date: 2008
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $15.00 (23%)
Written to address the special disaster recovery planning issues of System i, this book is your step-by-step guide to developing an effective, workable plan to protect your company's assets should the unthinkable happen.
Businesses today are more dependent than ever on information technology. And, faced with threats from natural disasters to terrorism, IT managers must be prepared. To be ready, you must have an effective IT disaster recovery plan in place, and now is the time to create it.
Mapping out all the preparations necessary for an effective disaster recovery plan and its safeguard--a continuous maintenance program--this guide is aimed at IT managers of small and medium businesses using IBM's System i. Companies that do not have the budget or desire to hire expensive consultants will find this book especially helpful.
In the opening section, author and expert Richard Dolewski covers the initial steps of auditing vulnerability, ranking essential IT functions, and reviewing the storage of tape backups, with the following discussion focused on the elements of the plan itself. The plan includes a mission statement, a definition of disaster, the assignment of staff to teams, methods of compensating for human error, and standards for documenting the steps of recovery.
The final portion of the guide covers the all-important initial testing of the system as well as the proper maintenance follow-up. In this practical book, Richard includes many sample forms and reports and weighs in on the pros and cons of using outside vendors for recovery systems.
Don't wait until it's too late. Use this handy guide to establish your System i disaster recovery plan today.
With System i Disaster Recovery Planning, you will:
- Discover a step-by-step process to develop-test-and maintain your plan
- Learn to write a comprehensive IT disaster recovery plan for the IBM System i--a plan that will work if it is ever needed
- Find extensive information and advice specific to the special needs of System i
- generic_text_2: Richard Dolewski is a certified systems integration specialist and disaster recovery planner. He has extensive experience in Server Enterprise Availability, Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP), Business Continuity Planning (BCP), High Availability, and Backup and Recovery program design. Richard has supported 18 computer room disasters and conducted more than 200 disaster recovery tests.