- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Make Application Development Easier
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583470816
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470817
The Remote System Explorer
- Don Yantzi
- Nazmin Haji
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 509
- Publication date: 2008
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $24.00 (48%)
IBM's Rational Developer for System i is the tool of choice for application development on IBM i. The Remote System Explorer (RSE) is the most widely used tool within Rational Developer for System i and WebSphere Development Studio Client (WDSC). The RSE enables developers to use modern application development tools to create and maintain applications in RPG, COBOL, CL and DDS. When used to its fullest, the RSE can make developers more productive by making application development far easier.
This book covers topics such as getting started, installation, understanding the Workbench, managing your i5/OS objects and members, editing, compiling, debugging, and more. The Remote System Explorer is a complete reference as well as a learning tool, containing both technical and practical contents. Each chapter contains tips, preferences, keyboard shortcuts, and troubleshooting information.
Also included is a wealth of examples and numerous screens shots to assist users in transitioning from SEU and PDM to the RSE. This book is an absolute must-have for anyone working with Rational Application Developer for System i or WDSC.
The Remote System Explorer will show you how to:
- Customize the RSE for better productivity and improved performance
- Navigate the Workbench and use keyboard shortcuts
- Debug like a pro
- Find tools to help you understand your programs
- Discover outline-contents assist-and other modern editing features
Don Yantzi is the technical lead for IBM's WebSphere Development Studio Client (WDSC) and Rational Developer for System i. He is a frequent speaker at System i conferences and user group meetings and has published numerous articles on the Remote System Explorer (RSE).
Nazmin Haji is technical lead for RSE, reviewing and approving all enhancements that go into the product.
- generic_text_2: Don Yantzi is the technical lead for IBM's WebSphere Development Studio Client (WDSC) and Rational Developer for System i. He is a frequent speaker at System i conferences and user group meetings and has published numerous articles on the Remote System Explorer (RSE).