- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Finally, an Easier Way to Learn WDSC
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583470514
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470510
WDSC: Step by Step
- Author: Joe Pluta
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 616
- Publication date: 2004
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $34.00 (45%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
WDSC: Step by Step carries on the Step by Step series tradition of providing an easy-to-understand yet thorough introduction to today's most important technologies. In this book, you will discover the incredibly powerful WebSphere Development Studio Client (WDSC). Whether you intend to program only in RPG or plan to someday add Java and Web development to your RPG skill set, IBM has made it clear that WDSC is the tool you will be using.
But WDSC isn't just a replacement for SEU; it charts a new path for development based on IBM's open-source Eclipse IDE. More than just an editor, WDSC is also a design studio, a compiler, an integration aid, and a test platform. It supports not only standard languages such as RPG and COBOL but also Java, HTML, JavaServer Pages, and Cascading Style Sheets.
The sheer scope of features available in WDSC makes learning it overwhelming for many programmers. This book demystifies WDSC, making it accessible and far easier to learn.
By design, WDSC: Step by Step walks a programmer through a working, integrated example while highlighting those features used on a day-to-day basis. You will learn all the key features of WDSC, including building a Web site, adding dynamic content, attaching it to an i5/iSeries program, and finally deploying it to a WebSphere Application Server.
Not merely a WDSC reference, this book acts as an extended library session in which readers learn by doing and master enough techniques to continue learning on their own. No prior knowledge of Java, HTML, or Eclipse is required!
From the Foreword by Jon Paris:
"So if you are setting out to discover the joys of WDSC, where do you start? The answer is right here in your hands. Joe has produced an excellent step-by-step guide that will lead you through the major tool components needed to design and maintain tomorrow's iSeries applications."
Inside WDSC: Step by Step, you will find:
- Published by: MC Press
- Merchant SKU: 5066
- Hands-on tutorial presentations to make you productive quickly
- Unique "checkpointed" sections so you can learn the topics that are most relevant to you
- A jam-packed CD-ROM including all source along with in-depth code reviews to reinforce learning
- generic_text_2: Joe Pluta has designed distributed architectures for the midrange platform for more than 20 years. His company, Pluta Brothers Design, develops tools that let iSeries users incorporate emerging technologies seamlessly into their legacy systems, providing a direct path to new architectures.