- Item No.
- generic_text_1: IBM WebSphere Portal Primer. . .Updated for V5.1.x
- Publisher: IBM Press
- ISBN Number: 193118223X
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781931182232
IBM WebSphere Portal Primer
- Ashok K. Iyengar
- Venkata Gadepalli
- Bruce Olson
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 552
- Publication date: 2005
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $27.00 (45%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
With a foreword by Robert Will, Distinguished Engineer, IBM Corporation, Chief Architect of WebSphere Portal.
What makes the WebSphere programming model so compelling? Why is WebSphere Portal server fast becoming the world's premier portal server in sales and functionality? What are portlets? What is the open Portlet API? How is it possible to secure and manage large Web portals that each have their own distinctive look? Does WebSphere Portal support B2B, or B2C, or B2E, or all of them? Which topologies does it support? Is it J2EE certified?
This book answers these and many more such questions and covers everything from basic e-commerce concepts to advanced three-tier Internet topologies.Updated for V5.1.x, the authors systematically guide you through IBM's WebSphere Portal product, which includes the Portal server, the Personalization server, WebSphere Content Management, Document Manager, versatile search engines, and the collaboration component.
Software developers who are creating simple portlets and JavaServer Pages (JSPs) or are well-versed in using JavaBeans will find this book's contents relevant. It covers installation, configuration, administration, tuning, and use of WebSphere Portal server software. It discusses portlets, servlets, security, single sign-on, transactions, session management, and scaling as it relates to WebSphere Portal server.
IBM WebSphere Portal Primer will help you:
- Published by: IBM Press
- Merchant SKU: 5227
- Obtain an overall understanding of portals and all components of WebSphere Portal V5.1
- Understand WebSphere Portal via screen shots-sample code-and best practices
- Learn the step-by-step installation-configuration-and administration procedures
- Discover everything about portlets-including the latest JSR 168 portlet API
- Gain an understanding of portal architecture and possible topologies
- Design secure and highly available Web portals
- Explore how Web services and processes can be integrated within portals
- Find out all the enhancements to V5.1 of IBM's WebSphere Portal
- Learn how to implement B2C-B2E-and B2B portals
- Create Virtual Portals and the newest kind of portal--Process Portals
Ashok K. Iyengar is a member of the WebSphere Enablement Team based in San Diego. He holds a Masters degree in Computer Science from North Dakota State University, Fargo.
Venkata V. Gadepalli (Vishy) is a member of the WebSphere Enablement Team based in Raleigh. He has more than eight years of experience in the IT field and has been involved in customer engagements involving WebSphere Portal server for the last four years.
Bruce R. Olson is a member of the WebSphere Enablement Team based in Raleigh. He has over 21 years of experience in the IT field. He holds a BS degree in computer science from DePaul University. Bruce has worked as a WebSphere consultant since 1999, specializing in WebSphere Personalization, Content Management, and Portals.
- generic_text_2: Ashok K. Iyengar is a member of the WebSphere Enablement Team based in San Diego. He holds a Masters degree in Computer Science from North Dakota State University, Fargo.