- Item No.
- generic_text_1: Learn to Use and Abuse PHP
- Publisher: MC Press
- ISBN Number: 1583470999
- ISBN-13/EAN: 9781583470992
You Want to Do What with PHP?
- Author: Kevin Schroeder
- Binding: Paperback
- generic_text_3: 432
- Publication date: 2010
This item is on sale
- Our price:
- You save
- $24.00 (48%)
- Save An Extra 15% Off Our Lowest Hard Copy Price, visit the MC Press eBookstore.
PHP is the hottest thing in Web development today, with over 30 million Web sites currently using the technology. Programmers are scrambling to get as much information as they can to stretch their use of PHP to the limits, and this book will help you do just that. In it you will find practical, but atypical, examples of PHP coding.
Author Kevin Schroeder is a Technology Evangelist for Zend Technologies--The PHP Company--with an in-depth knowledge of the language and an innovative approach to development. He shows PHP solutions and examples you won't find in other books: binary protocols, character encoding, asynchronous operations, structured file access, daemons, and much more.
There are quite literally hundreds of books of the "build a Web site in PHP" genre, but this is not your typical how-to "PHP 101" book. No, this book is for the creative and the curious. It is a "what's possible" book. Creative PHP types who have already purchased a book on PHP and want to go beyond the basics into what is possible, not just practical, will find it especially useful. Curious PHP types who have written a fair amount of PHP code but are now ready to go deeper, into the lower-level aspects of PHP, will also be inspired by what this book has to offer.
You Want to Do What with PHP? is like a PHP cookbook. It contains not just theories, but also considerations and varying options on top of simply providing code. With it, you will discover new approaches to problem-solving using PHP, expand your development skill set, and gain valuable assistance toward building ever more advanced PHP applications.
With You Want to Do What with PHP? you will:
- Become a better PHP programmer
- Discover unusual but practical solutions to problems you will face on a weekly (if not daily) basis
- Learn lower-level programming that is not typical for Web-based applications
- Discern why operating-system-level options matter when devising solutions
- generic_text_2: Kevin Schroeder, Technology Evangelist for Zend Technologies, is well-versed in a wide variety of technologies pertinent to both small- and large-scale application deployments. He has developed production software using PHP and many other languages. Kevin also has extensive experience as a system administrator on Linux, Solaris, Windows, and other platforms on scales of a single server up to several hundred servers on installations ranging from a few to millions of users